Monday, March 3, 2014

Oops! Another Target, Ulta and CVS Haul!

It's not my fault.

Except, it totally is. Eeek! When I like something I have this major problem of going balls to the wall. It's not something I would recommend. I watch for sales, hit up stores when there are coupons and sometimes stumble on great deals. I really wish I had this mentality with the gym because I'd be so skinny by now.

My husband winces whenever I walk through the door with an Ulta bag. I figure he now knows my pain whenever he comes home with Guitar Center bags. There is WAY more damage done there than here! He always argues that he spends money to make money.

I tell him I spend money so I can blog about it with you! I don't make any money from this blog, but every one has got to have a hobby right?

Denise and I went to Ulta when she was here the weekend before last and I picked up this Ulta Favorites sampler. The box was originally $30 but I got it on sale for $19. I mainly swooped this up because I have wanted to try three of the six products, loved one of the six already and would definitely use it, and was mildly interested in the two remaining products.


Here is the set breakdown:

Butter London 3 Free Nail Polish in Rosie Lee - ($15.00 value)
Laura Gellar City Lights Lip Gloss - ($16.00 value)
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mini - ($10.00 value)
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Shadow Primer Deluxe Sample - ($5.00~)
Pür Minerals Mineral Glow Bronzer - ($24.00)
Napoleon Perdis Loose Eye Dust in Pink Champagne - ($25.00)

The total value of the set was $95.00 and I purchased it for $19.00! That is 80% of the value of the box. These kits are really awesome if you want to try new brands but don't know what to pick and/or don't have the money for individual items!

I had never tried butter London nail polish, anything from the Laura Gellar line and I only have a foundation and foundation buffing brush from Tarte so the mascara was definitely nice to try out. The lipgloss is really pretty and smells REALLY sweet, which actually can get a tad obnoxious. You already know I love me some Lorac Behind the Scenes eye shadow primer! I'd never tried anything from Pür Minerals and I haven't used the bronzer yet. Bronzer kind of scares me because I have a small face, so it's a fine like between looking like I'm glowing and looking like I have dirt on my face. The Napoleon Perdis eye dust is a really pretty rose gold color and I've already worn it quite a few times! It's can be sheered out so I even used a little to highlight my cheekbones!

NYX Autumn Sky ES 04A


I picked up these NYX singles at Ulta because they were on clearance and I've never tried their eyeshadows before. Each of these were $2.49. I had to figure out how to photograph them so the colors showed up. I have a new found respect for photographers, people!


NYX White ES 02

NYX Flamingo ES 19

NYX Taupe ES 04

I also picked up these lipsticks - perfect for spring!

NYX 601 Castle ($3.99)

NYX Doll ($3.99)

NYX Rose Bud (on Clearance for $1.99)

I have hooded eyelids so I needed some smaller brushes for my lid, plus I wanted to get a soft blending brush. I have the ELF blending brush but it is stiffer and it hurts after a while of blending. I went with this little set from Eco Tools and I love it! It's perfect. This set is $11.49 and I really want the Fresh & Flawless set which is $14.99. Maybe next month! 



I had two coupons from CVS, one $10 off any beauty purchase of more than $10 and one $4 off a purchase of $12. I used both to pick up these two items plus a lip liner from NYX (not pictured.) 

($12.94 - $10 coupon = $2.94)


($9 + 4 NYX liner = $13 - 4 coupon = $9.)

I had been meaning to get these three products so I was stoked to be able to try all three for $12. Score! You might be wondering why I got such a dark color of concealer from L'Oreal - it's for contouring. I saw the tip on a video with Eleventh Gorgeous and Check in the Mirror. What a great idea! It's so easy to do a little contouring on your cheeks and nose with this baby. If you decide to try it out this concealer doesn't lie - it is SUPER blendable, which means you need a lot less than you think. Also, blend up on your cheeks instead of down.

I had heard that the Sonia Kashuk brush sets were on clearance (Target has SO MUCH clearance make up right now) but they were sold out. I ended up going again and they had a ton of these sets! I was so excited. I love the golden clutch and the green handles. Thus far, I've only ever had ELF brushes which are good, but they are bottom of the barrel good. It's nice to have brushes that are a bit...softer. Ya know? 


While at Target, I picked up this eyebrow gel and it's been working well for me, although the brush is HUGE and when you put it back into the tube, product pushes out of the seam between the cap and the tube. Annoying! I picked up the Physicians Formula green concealer at CVS when it was 50% off, I also got a lipgloss (not pictured) that changes it's color to suit your PH levels. Isn't that crazy? This was in a different mini haul, but I wanted to include it just to say that I seriously love it. A little goes a LONG way and it really cancels out red! 


I know I've been a little make-up heavy lately, but that's just a coincidence. Everything is on clearance right now so I like to take advantage of the sales. I'm going to [try really hard to] cool it on the shopping for a while so you'll see less hauls.

If you want any more information about any of these products be sure to let me know and I'll tell you how I'm liking them! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)