Friday, February 28, 2014

February 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review + Value


Howdy, ya'll! I received my first Ipsy glam bag in the mail and thought I'd just pop in a picture for those of you who might wonder what it is all about.

Ipsy was created and co-founded by Michelle Phan (who recently launched em Cosmetics) and is a subsciption service that costs $10 (+ tax) per month. You receive at least five deluxe samples from different cosmetic and skincare brands in a cute little make-up bag!

I've been wanting to sign up for a long time and I finally pulled the trigger last month. I was so excited when I got it in the mail! It came about a week and a half ago so I'm a little late to the party.

I received the following items:

Plump Pout Mini by pop Cosmetics (4 oz.) in Fuchsia Freesia ($16~ value)
Zoya Nail Polish in Dot ($9~ value)
'tini Beauty Eye Shadow + Base in Violet ($18~)
skyn Fresh Start Mask with Ice Age Mud [one packet] ($6.50~ value)
J. Cat Beauty False Eyelashes in EL 05 ($4~ value)

Total value: $53.50

Quick Review:

Plump Pout Mini by pop Cosmetics (4 oz.) in Fuchsia Freesia  - I like the color and wear time, hate the smell. Seriously bugs!

Zoya Nail Polish in Dot - The color is really pretty but I found it super difficult to apply. It was uneven and streaky. Maybe my bottle just needs a little bit of nail polish thinner? It dried well but it took a while, probably because of the multiple coats! I'm going to thin it just a tad to see if that helps. I was kind of underwhelmed.

'tini Beauty Eye Shadow + Base in Violet - I swatched it on my hand and it was a gorgeous color, but it didn't seem tacky enough to be a real base. I think it would be great for those no make-up days all over the lid.

skyn Fresh Start Mask with Ice Age Mud [one packet] - This is a two step mask. First you spread the mud and then you spread the gel to activate it. It felt really good going on, did burn/tingle a little bit and my skin was pretty red after. It said to finish with a toner so I used witch hazel and my skin felt really dry, like unable to move dry, so I patted some moisturizer on my face. My skin felt really smooth after but I didn't feel like it was "less dull".

J. Cat Beauty False Eyelashes in EL 05 - These look crazy intense and I have super small eyes. I think they are really gorgeous though and the price seems really good!

Overall, I'm really stoked with the range of products I received, their price points and the overall value of the bag. I know that every month won't be a hit but I think Ipsy is a solid choice for a subscription service!

Have you signed up for a subscription service or do you have Ipsy? What are your thoughts?


PS. If you'd like to sign up, use my link and I get referral points! I'd appreciate it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)