Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag (Review, Swatches, Value)

Ya'll know that in February I got my first Ipsy Glam Bag. Every month for $10 + tax I receive a cute make-up bag filled with four or five sample (or full size) make-up products from varying brands! It is so fun to get a little pink package in the mail every month!


Without further ado, here is what I received in the March 2014 Glam Bag! 


Contents, Links and Values: 

be a bombshell Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad - $16.00 (Shadow names: Starlet, Bora Bora, Rock Bottom, Risky Business)
bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready - $7.50 value (full size is $18.00)
Vita Liberata Luxury 2-3 Week Tan Lotion for Face and Body in Medium - $7.10 (full size is $54.00)
Chella Eyeliner Pen in Indigo Blue - $24.00

Total Value: $54.60



Right off the bat, I can tell you that I'm not planning on using the Vita Liberata Tanning Lotion. Tanning lotion seriously scares the crap out of me. There are a few reasons why. 1. I don't feel that there is enough of a sample to adequately cover my face and body. 2. I don't want to pick one or the other because I don't want my face to be super light or darker than my body. Duh. 3. It doesn't come with a glove or a mitten or anything and this lady ain't walking around with weird hands. MAYBE - only a maybe here, guys - will I attempt it on my legs. I'll have to wait and see other Ipsters results though, for real.

Luckily, that sample is not a big ticket item in the overall value of the bag, so I don't feel super horrible if I don't use it.

Here are the swatches in artificial and natural lighting:



Top to bottom (and left to right below): Marvelous Moxie in Get Ready, Chella Eyeliner in Indigo Blue, be a bombshell eyeshadows in Starlet, Bora Bora, Rock Bottom, Risky Business.


As I type this, I still have all of those on my hand and there are already thoughts swirling in my head. 

The Moxie is a really pretty color but definitely feels sticky on my hand which I'm hoping won't be overly noticeable on the lips. The Indigo Blue eyeliner says its water-resistant, paraben free, smudge proof, no feathering, etc. Yup, I rubbed that sucker and there was only the tiniest bit of transfer. I'm actually kind of stoked about this color. I've been loving a really natural matte eye with a colored eyeliner wing and black eyeliner close to the lash line. Especially on days I don't want to get ready. As for water-resistant, eh. I totally licked my finger and ran it down the length of the swatch with a pretty quick swipe and there was definitely some smudge going on. 

Last, but not least, the eyeshadow. I've never had any Be a Bombshell products and three of the four colors are totally unimpressive to me. I had to rub vigorously and swatch them multiple times to get them to show up properly. 

In my opinion, the only color worth it's salt is the bottom left pan, Rock Bottom. The other three, Starlet, Bora Bora and Risky Business are okay. Maybe wet they would pack on more vibrant. If I had to list them in order of awesome it would be: Rock Bottom (bottom left), Risky Business, (bottom right), Starlet (top left) and Bora Bora (top right). Bora Bora just did not perform well for me at all. 

The print of this make-up bag was selected from the works of San Francisco artist Klari Reis. It is super cute! Overall, I'm still happy with my decision to sign up for Ipsy and think it's a great value. 

Now I'm off to figure out how to apply that self tanner while avoiding an epic disaster! Ciao!

--
For the Record: Ipsy doesn't know me. I pay for my bag just like err'body else. If you subscribe using my link, I do get some points! Yay! I'd appreciate it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)