Saturday, January 4, 2014

2013 Wrap Up Post (with Pictures)


2013 was craptastic. I've mentioned it before. 

2012 was hell on wheels and 2013 was all about the fall-out from that. 2013 held my highest highs and my lowest lows. It's true. 

Year-in-Review:

Best Moment: Shepherd. Hands down. 

Worst Moment: Having a cesarean. Being in the hospital at all. It's sooo invasive and most people are really rough. I'm pretty sure I'll be traumatized by that experience forever. Also, feeling them yanking Shepherd out of me and then closing me back up. You don't forget stuff like that.

Biggest Regret: Not taking maternity photos. Every time I see maternity photos my heart aches. Included in the photo steam below is the last picture taken of me with my bump. I sobbed so hard that I have zero photos that exude how happy and anxious I was for my boy. I tear up every time I think about it. I was robbed of so much the last few months of my pregnancy. 

Most Rewarding Moment: This is kind of a copout answer because it's ongoing but pumping. It was/is really hard. It is such a sacrifice and it's solely for the betterment of my boy. It is the most selfless thing I've ever done. 

Best Memory: I really liked having all of my sisters kids (and mine too!) together over 4th of July. 

Inspiring Moment: Watching Kari give birth, at home. A successful VBAC. It was very hard and very emotional for me because of what I had just gone through. It was painful to watch someone else having the birth experience I had so badly wanted and at the same time, I was so awestruck by my sisters strength and happy that she was getting to experience a moment that would hopefully lesson the hurt from her first birthing experience. She deserved to have that and own that moment. It was truly an emotional, layered moment for all of us, I think. 

Here is my year in pictures (with minor commentary):


The best appliance of 2013. I am sad that the carafe shattered while Bryan was cleaning it. Gotta get a new one!



My beautiful dining room step up. I need to paint the white trim though and install baseboards.


January was the beginning of my swelling.






This was in late March. Puffy everything!



The only shoes in the house that would fit me by April. This was on the way to Easter.




Kari snapped this of me after I showered and right before we went to the hospital. The last picture of me with my bump. I was swollen and completely distraught.


My malnourished little alien boy.




My best friend with my boy, my cousin, my love and my mom. Colleen stepped up and got me through one of the most trying, difficult times in my life. I don't think I would have made it without her.


I snapped this picture to send to my sisters after pregnancy. I need to get back there.


Two of my favorite women ever. 



Watching Bryan play at the Fox Theater was definitely a highlight moment.



Sweet Parker and Sassy Shepherd. These two are gonna be best friends.




Our first out of town trip as a family.












My brother in law. Spent a lot of time with him this year. I love this kid.





I was Marilyn Monroe for Halloween and I tried to do her stupid face. I look redonk.


I was a witch at work for Halloween, my go to!









Goodbye 2013!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)