Friday, January 4, 2013

A Fresh Start

2012 has ended (good riddance!) and we have all welcomed 2013.

I thought it was time for a new fresh blog design to really jump-start this year. It's simple with pops of color. I've been digging that a lot lately and I was wondering why when it hit me!

The past few months have been really hard. 2012 kind of took a huge dump on me at the end. But in between the trials, God sent me these bright, colorful happy times. He reminded me that there is always light in the darkness.

It is not something I will easily forget. I needed something to encourage me to keep going, not to succumb to the emotions and weight of these life events and He did not fail to provide them for me. I will look back on 2012 and try my hardest to cling to that faithfulness.

I will also remember 2012 as a year that brought Bryan and I closer than ever. We laughed more than 2011. We cried more too. We endured heartache and late night giggle-fests. He was my rock and my constant reminder than when other people turned their backs on me when I needed them most, he would be there. He would list off all our outrageous blessings when I got down in the dumps. He reminded me to be thankful.

And of course, I will always give 2012 a sloppy, wet, mushy kiss because I found out I was going to have a baby. Not just ANY baby though, a son. I saw his little shape on an ultrasound machine in 2012. I felt his kicks in 2012.

After we hugged and kissed 2012 out and 2013 in, we sat down and in the first few moments of 2013, Bryan felt Shepherd kick for the first time.

As I watched the wonder and excitement on his amazingly sexy face, I knew that 2013 would be a great year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)