Thursday, January 17, 2013

Little Decisions

I got off work last night and headed home to find my husband and his father working on installing flooring in our dining area.

I'm sure I've posted this before, but when we moved into our house, we hired a dude to install the flooring we purchased and to paint the house.

He installed about 85% of our flooring, took our $1,000 and sailed off into the sunset. Since then we've been licking our wounds and the 15% of flooring that wasn't done remained undone.

Our dining area is on a small step up and it remained concrete, covered in a water-barrier sheet and the flooring pad and a large rug on top of that for a long, long time.

I'm really glad that the project is finally getting going. Even if my house is now even more insane than it was before construction began.

Anyways, last night, I immediately sat down and began working on the baby shower guest list. My sister came over and we started working on a date and thinking about venues. We got a lot accomplished.

We ended up hitting a local sandwich shop, (the two of us and my sisters family of three) and I had a veggie sandwich as part of eating clean for my gallbladder - plus the fact that you're really not supposed to eat deli meat unless its been heated to 165 degrees to kill a baby-harming bacteria, listeria. (Unpasteurized cheeses and processed meats are a no-no during pregnancy, which has been a hard change for this sandwich lovin' girl.)

We got home and I asked Bryan to help me chop up veggies for my lunch. Romaine lettuce, spinach, carrots, bell pepper and tomatoes with almonds and walnuts. Plus, an apple for a snack. I had talked the girls at work into making healthy smoothies, so I prepared the items I was to bring for that as well.

By this time it was 9:30pm and we went to read our birthing books in bed. He read Husband Coached Childbirth and I read Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth. Lights were out at 10:30pm.

Little decisions on how to manage my time made for a huge difference in how I feel today. There was no TV last night. I drank lots of water yesterday, ate a healthy dinner and prepared food for today. I settled on a guest list, figured out a date and started looking into venues. I got a little more prepared on what is to come for labor.

I had another sleepless night, filled with tossing and turning. I woke up this morning, got ready, made my coffee (have I mentioned that the best decision I've made in a while is that latte maker? Still rocking my world.), got to work, made healthy smoothies filled with strawberries, bananas, blackberries, spinach, Greek yogurt, orange juice and ice.

I'm starting my list of things to accomplish and letting go of things that just may not get done and that is okay. The most important thing, to me, is that I get my new eating habits in place so that I don't have any more gallbladder issues. Plus, eating healthy and clean will help with the weight issue, too. Win/Win.

I know this post is lackluster. My writing often reflects my feelings. I'm on my lunch, picking at my boring meal and feeling.... here. Resigned, I guess. Not exactly motivated. I guess just that feeling of there is no other option or road. This is where I am headed and I can either fight it and struggle or I can put one foot in front of the other and move along.

It's just hard to have a pep in your step when not only can you not have sandwiches, you're not supposed to have ice cream either. What kind of life can one live without ice cream?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)