Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A New Meaning

February 12 is a day that my sisters and I greet with bittersweet memories.

February 12 is the day that we connect with each other in a deep and personal way that only we understand.

February 12 is a day that our history really and truly began.

February 12 is a day usually filled with text messages about how much we love each other and that we are so happy to have each other.

February 12 was the day that our Mom and Dad walked down the isle and pledged their love for each other.

February 12, 2011 was the day Alison, Kari and I had a new reason to connect with one another.

February 12, 2011, Owen Russell was born into this world.

February 12 is now the day that both Alison and I can be called Tia.

I have always woken up on February 12 with mixed feelings. I am so thankful that I have my sisters, and the twelfth of February is a reminder to celebrate that. On the other hand, divorce is hard, especially for the kids. We'll always remember this day for our parents... In honor of what our parents had together.

On February 12 at around 6:45 in the morning, I was woken with the news that my sister's water had broke. At 9:22 in the morning, Owen Russell was brought into the world.

Here are some pictures... please excuse the goofy face my husband band in his second picture. I don't know what was up with that!

ORM


Lil Owen Russell


Owen


Bryan Meets Owen


Goofy Smile


The BFFF


That face!

Congratulations, Adam and Kari. You guys made a stinkin' cute baby! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)