Thursday, February 3, 2011

In Which I Trick Myself

As you know from yesterday's post, I just started reading a new book that is the first in a series. My gracious friend Anna let me borrow her paperback book and I read some the other night before bed. I can't say whether or not I am impressed yet, since I'm only about 30 pages into the novel but I'm intrigued which is good. 


However... If you know me (as my husband knows me) I am easily intrigued. Yesterday, I was watching Sex and the City on some random TV channel that I paid no attention to and after Kourtney and Kim Kardashian's new show about New York came on. I'm not a huge reality TV fan. I can't even think of one show that I like that is "reality." Oh wait... Kendra. I love me some Kendra. That girls laugh makes me laugh. Hilarious. Okay, so I like one reality show. Whatev.... I have watched the Kardashian's show (well, one of them. They have like 50 billion shows!) a few times and the three sisters dynamic reminds me of my sisters. Anyways, I got all caught up in watching this New York show about their new store and after, I was like WHAT. THE. DEUCE. I spent a half an hour of my LIFE watching this dumb-dumb show. I could have been doing a myriad of other things and yet? I did not. 

Are you wondering if I have a point? I do. 

As I said, Anna lent me her books. While we have the same taste in books, we don't have the same views on caring for books. Anna like pristine books. I like loved on, worn in books. But, her book, her rules - no problemo.. But that also means that taking her book to the gym is impossible. I do not wish to risk it. Especially since it is a paperback. No bueno. 

Last night, I grabbed my Nook, arrived at the gym and started my workout on the bike. I quickly downloaded some random book that look okay and I read. (PS. I did 5 miles in 15 minutes on that bike. My thighs hate me.) And then I worked out my arms and my abs, and then I did 20 minutes on the treadmill. I read as often as I could because I AM NOW HOOKED ON THIS NINETY-NINE CENT BOOK. 

I started thinking later that evening that I had stumbled upon the perfect plan. I shall only allow myself to read said Nook book if I am 1. at the gym or 2. have gone to the gym. Like last night, after I showered, I read the book for another half hour or so as a reward for my hard work at the gym. 

And guess what? I cannot WAIT to get back to the gym tonight. Oh, how the tides have turned. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)