Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's About Time

Color me a slacker.

Or is it count me a slacker?

What the heck is the saying I'm going for...? My mind totally blanked.

I'm gonna start over.

I'm a slacker.

Sort of.

I took last week off of my weekly goals so that I could focus on my All Things Love week. Now I have to catch up... and see how I fared. Let's say that I honestly don't remember what my goals were. Yes, I know you are surprised. You thought that the blueberries I have not been eating have miraculously fixed my memory problems and I can recall things at the drop of a hat! Oh, how wrong you are.

Let's start this madness.


Week of February 8, 2011

-ALL THINGS LOVE WEEK

--

Week of January 31, 2011

-Continue Laundering
-Unpack another 5 boxes
-Steam the master bedroom curtains
-Hang the master bedroom curtains
-Organize Jewelry

I just copied and pasted those from the sidebar on my blog. Let's see how I did going back to the week of January 31, 2011. 

Week of January 31, 2011

-Continue Laundering
-Unpack another 5 boxes
-Steam the master bedroom curtains
-Hang the master bedroom curtains
-Organize Jewelry

LAME. Two out of five. Productive, I am. Obviously, I continued laundering the endless amounts of clothes that Bryan and I have. But also? I have realized that the reason that it never ends is because we keep wearing things! We should just go naked. Except that would be scary and I'm pretty sure that since I work at a school, it would be illegal. 

I do all this laundry and then I look and there is more laundry! Right now I have about 4 loads at home separated. It is a revolving chore. What is GOOD is that by having in on my list I have been making myself get it done. And also? The fact that I can at LEAST cross this one off every week is good. Cause my track record sucks, for real. 

I have however, blown myself away by the amounts of effort I have been putting into cleaning out Bryan's office/our storage for the moment. I'm rocking those boxes socks off. If they wore socks. What I am trying to convey is that if boxes had feet and were so inclined to wear socks? They would be knocked off. I'm killing it in there. There are about four or five boxes that are all Bryan's crap. Which can stay in there since it's his office and I'm not going through his crap. Who knows what seedy weird musician things are in those boxes. Eek! 

Then there is our BBQ that Bryan has yet to put together. Hmph. No. Comment.

There there are a few more boxes for me to go through and then there are the tubs that need to go up in the attic. Again? Bryan. and No comment. 

Week of Jan 31? FAIL.

Let's move on to the week of February 8. 

Week of February 8, 2011

-ALL THINGS LOVE WEEK

I WIN. 

'Nuff said. 

This week, we get back to our regularly scheduled programing. Without further ado! Let me make up some things I need to do! 

Week of February 14, 2011

-Launder Things
-Go through the 2 boxes full of papers 
that I pretend don't exist.
-Organize Jewelry
-Steam the master bedroom curtains
-Hang the master bedroom curtains

EW! Why did I give myself so much stuff? Because I figure, why not? It's a goal. Goals should be hard. 

I'm not going to go over the laundering of the money clothes. Ya'll know about that. 

-Go through the 2 boxes full of papers that I pretend don't exist
It's true. I have two boxes full of papers that I pretend don't exist. I see them and immediately block them out. It's going to massively suck to go through them. But I need to. I went and bought some file folders so I need to go to town and file. And shred everything else. It's time. 

-Organize Jewelry
This includes un-knotting it. Hate that part. Gonna suck so bad. But then I'll be able to wear it! I'm gonna get it done. 

-Steam the master bedroom curtains
They are still wrinkly. I had misplaced the steamer and I found it this weekend. I now have no excuse. Dang it.

-Hang the master bedroom curtains
What are the chances that I can get Bryan to help me? Good, I say. Considering he was supposed to do this back in September. 

There is my quick run down of the chores I need to get done this week. Let's hope I knock it out of the park!

Oh, and just to make things extra interesting. I'm going to challenge myself to go the the gym every single day this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)