Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Random Morning Blurbs + August Challenge!

I'm trying this new thing where I get up early. It's nice and quiet in the house and I have a few moments to think and just...be still. 

I woke up early on Monday and went for a walk. I felt great all day! Then, on Monday night we walked to our local drugstore because Bryan wanted cookies. I also had my first online class for my program so it was a really long day.

Yesterday, I couldn't get out of bed. I just didn't have it in me to go for a walk, so I just got up early and started to curl my hair. Because... Why not? I figure, even if I don't get up to work out early, just getting up early extends my day and burns more calories. Winning.

School is gearing up again and I have a lot of last minute work to do. I can't believe how fast the summer passed. Probably because I was gone most of June.

Speaking of June... Did I ever post my Hawaii pictures? I honestly don't have any idea. I think I did. Maybe I didn't. I'll have to research that. I know I don't have very many. Maybe I should ask Bryan to do a guest post with all of his pictures from his computer. That would save me from having to actually rehash the trip and load images. Diabolical.

HEY! Speaking of things on the blog, I haven't done my August challenge. Let's just pretend that I had June and July challenges and that I did beautifully. Thank you.

August challenge is waking up early! Ya know...since I'm doing it anyway. It's not cheating it's winning strategically.

Yes. The challenge it so wake up early. There are no set parameters on what to do with said time. Just do something. Read a book, watch a show, workout, write on my blog or write in my journal. Just have a few moments in the day that are just mine before the baby wakes up or Bryan rolls out of bed.

The quiet is nice. Right now the only sounds I hear are my fingers tapping on the laptop and the whirring of the fan in the computer. Even the dogs who are prowling around in the backyard are silent.

There is beauty in the stillness before a day starts. The only thing that could make it better is if I could hear birds chirping and I had a cup of coffee in my hand.

Coffee makes everything better.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)