Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Books: Is Gone Girl Worth Reading?

I had the pleasure of reading four different books on my vacation, which I call a win. However, I read all of those books within the first week because we literally did nothing but wait for the rest of our people to arrive so that we didn't experience anything without them. 

In hindsight this was a bad plan.

However, much reading ensued. 



I picked up Gone Girl because I read a quick review by The Hollywood Housewife about it and was intrigued enough to give it a go.

I will follow her lead and tell you absolutely nothing about the book itself because it truly is best to not know one single thing about it before you go into reading it.

What I will talk about is how it made me feel.

I got into the book very quickly. I couldn't put it down. I was reading it everywhere. Any time I could sneak in a few clicks of my Nook it was on. I was obsessed. I had to know what. happened. next. 

Outside of that, I was pissed about it. About it all. The characters were so good that I didn't like any of them. Not a one. They were all so flawed. There was no hero. It was painful and uncomfortable at times in the best way. I'd get SO MAD at the characters that I would stomp away from my Nook and then be back minutes later, because I couldn't stop.

Then, once I got to the end, I was just.......in awe. I sat back and told Bryan that I hated the book. I did. I hated how the book ended but there was absolutely no way for it to end any differently. A different ending would have ruined the entire thing.

If you've read it.. what did you think? If you haven't, pick it up. It's good.



Do you have a Nook? Let's lend each other books. Email me at crazyembrace at gmail dot com. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)