Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Dream House


I walk by this house on my nightly walks with Shepherd. Last night, I stopped, picked up my phone for the first time in forty-five minutes and snapped this picture. After, I pointed the stroller towards it and pointed it out to him. I told him that one day I would buy this house. We would live in it and take good care of it. As we started walking away, I told him that he and his future siblings would play on the lawn and run through the sprinklers one day. Even if he was 16 years old. I'd make him do it. Because I'm a good mother that puts his needs first. And he needs the memories of running through the sprinklers at this house, regardless of age.

It's funny how a house can make you envision what you want your future to look like. I can see my family in this house. I can see the Christmases and birthday celebration. I want that life. I want my home to be as welcoming as this one seems to be.

It doesn't help that one of my sisters dream house is across the street and a few houses down.

That would just be the cherry on top.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)