Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Confession Time

Ya'll know my love for the Plum Paper Planner. Specifically the My Everything (formerly called Family Planner) I've written this popular review about it.  Oh, and this one too. I'm all about that sticker and stamping life. I've been sucked into the vortex of all things planner and I've been kind of shy about it because it's not for everyone. Most people that see me do it or talk about it kind get that glazed over look in their eye which I TOTALLY GET.

Cause I'm that way when someone talks about baseball. Snooooze.

The thing I love most about the whole decorating-your-planner thing is that it's a creative outlet that I can do regularly that keeps. Yes, I love makeup and makeup can be art. But makeup doesn't keep. Which is the best and worst thing about it. At the end of the day you wash it off and you start all over again.

The planner thing not only helps to keep me focused on life instead of fumbling my way through it, but it's a tangible project that will stay with me. It's a journal of sorts that I can look back on. I've come to really appreciate that. It's like scrap-booking but way less intense.

I've recently started using more stamps which is more cost effective than stickers and there is some REALLY cute stuff out there. Too much cute stuff. I have a long wishlist and a husband that is not happy I've found another hobby. ;)

Anyways, the confession is that not only am I a member of a ton of groups on planning, hope to attend a meet-up with some other planner girls, but I've started an Instagram (@containthecrazy) and even have made a few plan with me videos!

I am stinking obsessed with watching plan with me videos. It's the same satisfaction as watching a makeup tutorial. It's so interesting to me to watch other people create! I really don't even care what it is. I just like it. So, without further ado, here are two plan with me videos that I've made. I'm NOT good at editing yet. My computer is so slow that I often don't see un-clean edits until its already published. To fix it I'd have to delete the upload, go back to editing, try to fix it and then process and upload it again. And by that time my give-a-darn is busted. #sorrynotsorry.

I'm hoping to get a better, faster, stronger computer (that Daft Punk tho) to do some real editing later this year, especially because I'm going to help Bry get some new content up for BVB.

UNTIL THEN, this is what I got and everyone has to start somewhere. The first video is long because I wasn't properly prepared and the whole recording thing freaked me out. The second video I had a better groove (but also my camera died without me knowing it so there is a stamping chunk cut out.) I also sped the second one up more. There are no edits in the second video until the very end.

Anyways, I know that this is not for everyone, but if you want to watch a girl play with some stickers and stamps (#lisafrankforever) and try to get a handle on life, press play and subscribe! :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)