Thursday, March 24, 2016

Being Preggo in Vegas

Remember that time I went to Vegas and went to see Britney Spears? No? Ohhhh, riiiiight. I'm a bad blogger and never wrote about it. 

Bryan bought me tickets to the show for my birthday, so we hauled my giant pregnant butt to Vegas. DID YOU KNOW that this is my second trip to Vegas, and coincidentally, the second trip in which I was not able to go dance at a club, enjoy a beverage or even stay out late? 

Why you ask? Because the last time I visited Vegas I was under 21. I went to a wedding. I spent most of the time in the hotel room because everyone else spent most of their time gambling. It suuuucked. This time wasn't as bad. Luckily, pregnant people can gamble. We lost $7. We only gambled $7. It was all we cared to throw down the drain. 

The night we arrived we stayed with some friends at their house. We all went to dinner, talked a lot and then went to sleep so we could head out the next day and site see a bit! I wanted to check out some hotels that I didn't get to see the last time I was there, so we went to the Bellagio and New York, New York. Everything is amazingly grand in Las Vegas!











I could not get over how amazing the Bellagio Conservatory was. All the detail and the flowers! Gorgeous. Not to mention that the entire thing feels so put together but at any moment they can remove it all and re-design everything from the floors up. It was breath-taking. Some of the trees were even animated!



Of course we went to the Hershey's store, but I didn't get anything. Just inhaled and tried to control my preggo self. 

After wandering around for a long time, I was exhausted and wanted to rest before getting ready for the show. The second night in Vegas, we got a hotel room at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations: Las Vegas at Desert Club Resort. We stayed off the strip (like one block over, I think) and the room was AMAZING. It was like a little apartment and there was definitely enough room to bring the kids and a babysitter if we wanted to the next time around. I made sure to take some pictures for you!








After we rested for a while and I took a LOOOOONG bath in the amazing tub, I got ready! This is the only photo I took of myself and it was just to send to my sisters and my friend Denise, but I love it and it makes me wish I was pregnant again. (Which is seriously not okay.)



But look! Look at my pregnant belly. Lauriana is in there! Man. I felt really, really pretty that night. I got that dress from Pink Blush Maternity. So comfy and so cute!

Once we were ready we went to Maggiano's Little Italy for dinner. It was really good. We actually used Uber a lot that evening and had great experiences all the way around! We tried to be off our phones during dinner so I didn't get many pictures there either, but I did snap this one of Bryan. Even with that long hair he is smokin' hot. Whew!


Then it was off to the show! We got there a little early and I had to go around security and be wanded because I was pregnant, which actually sped up the process a bit. There was lots of Britney gear but I didn't partake in it. I just wanted the show. We got there early and they had pushed back the start time a bit, but we just took some selfies and waited patiently.










The visuals were amazing, the music was loud and it was a standard Britney experience. Her dancing was better than it has been in years but I'm sad to say that she didn't even sing one song live this time. The last time I saw her, when I was in high school, she sang one live and I was so stoked! I had hoped to hear her again live, but no dice. Anyways, the show was great, we sang loud and the seats in front of us were empty so we had a really good view the entire time! 

After it was over, we took a long walk, watched the fountains at the Bellagio and then grabbed some dessert and coffee. I had the best bread pudding and I can't for the life of me remember where it was. I know that it wasn't even 11pm and everything was closed! I couldn't believe it. The places we called to see if they were open for dessert and coffee were all closing. What kind of late night world IS THIS?! Jeez. 



The next day, we really wanted to hit up a buffet for brunch. Bryan looked online and we went to the insanely expensive Caesars Palace brunch. It was the BIGGEST buffet EVER. Like, walls and walls of every kind of food and a huge dessert area. I let the pregnancy do the walking and indulged my little heart out. It was amazing and I'd definitely go back! 




We walked all around the hotel, checking everything out. It was beautiful. Seriously gorgeous. I have a new appreciation for Las Vegas as a whole! I can't wait to go back.... as a non-minor and un-pregnant person. Haha!


xo,
Meg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)