Thursday, March 31, 2016

Bass Lake, I love you.

A few years ago, my mother and father-in-law started a new tradition at Christmas. They do a family gift at Christmas. One year we went to see Carrie Underwood. The next we went to Bass Lake. Well we had so much fun at Bass Lake that they decided a repeat trip was needed! 

Bass Lake is one of the places on earth that makes my soul breathe a sigh of relief. I love it there. It was a quick trip and I was still healing from having Lauriana, but I'm so glad we went. We laughed so much. We stayed at the Pines Resort and drove up to take Shepherd to the snow. He loved it! He even went sledding. One of the things I've observed about Shepherd is that he is generally down to give things a go, even if he is wary about it. Typically the first round of whatever he is attempting he has a pretty straight face. He's soaking it all in. Then, if he decides he likes it, the boy goes ALL IN. It says a lot about his character. 

I spent most of the time in the car with my hungry little newborn, but I made sure to snap a picture to capture our first visit to the snow (and first trip!) as a family of four.





I seriously can't wait to go back. 

xo, 

Meg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)