Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Have We Forgotten?

I had planned to put up my Ipsy August 2015 review today but something else popped in my head so I'm delaying that until Friday.

Last night, my sister chopped my hair off and I began speaking with someone I deeply respect about SB277, the bill that withdraws the personal belief and religious exemptions from those who carefully select or decline their childrens vaccinations. There are a whole host of legitimate reasons why parents would decide to delay or decline vaccinations but this isn't what the post was about.

Today, I listened to this man that I have a deep respect for tell me that there is no use in fighting the bill. It won't get overturned and the whole effort is useless.

It sure feels that way some times, but the moment that we stop fighting the system is the moment that we lose what makes America great. The moment that we allow others, a large and loud majority, to dictate what we do, when we do it, what we buy, when we buy it, we have lost all sense of personal freedom.

The moment that we stop making medical decisions based on the individual, we have lost our sense of self.

Many of you know that I am a Christian and what ran through my head today as I was being told that I needed to just accept that Shepherd, my future little girl and many other kids that I love so stinking much don't deserve an education because we refuse to be forced into injecting pharmaceutical drugs that have real side effects and no liability or oversight into our children was the story of David and Goliath.

David had no business fighting Goliath.

The odds were against him.

Everyone thought he would fail.

But one stone, combined with faith and righteousness brought down the giant.

For those of you fighting a battle, whether it's political or personal, remember this. One stone. Just one.

One stone made all the difference.

So can you.

So can I.

Don't forget and don't give up.

When you fight for what is right, when you fight for what is noble, when you fight for the freedom to end the persecution of people that believe differently than you or end oppression that directly impacts you, that is when you win.

That is when you throw a stone and the giant falls.

Do not give in. Do not give up.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)