Friday, August 21, 2015

August 2015 Ipsy Glam Bag Review + Value

I completely forgot to schedule this when I delayed it and so there it sat, un-posted. I didn't even think to check. Blogger fail!

Are you ready for another Ipsy Glam Bag review?! I feel like I haven't done one of these in such a long time. You know I've been a long-time subscriber of this beauty service and I still love it. Sure, some months are better than others but for $10 (plus tax) it can't be beat!

Let's get started:


Product: Marc Anthony - Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco Oil Treatment -
Price: $7.99 - Full size is 4.05 oz
Value: $.13 (Sample is .07 fl oz)

Review: I'll tell you straight up that I used this one whole time and I'll be giving it away to someone else. The smell is ridiculously overpowering and its manly which typically I'm fine with but jeez. It needs to go to someone where it won't trigger migraines! I also didn't notice my hair being any softer the next day (which is how I used it).

Product: La Fresh Group Good Night. Night Cream
Price: $40.00 - Full size $40.00 is 1.7oz
Value: $11.76 (Sample is 0.5oz)

Review: I've used this three times and while the smell initially is a bit unpleasant it dissipates pretty quickly. I liked the way my skin felt in the morning and I didn't feel like I woke up super oily! I like it, but I don't think I've seen enough to actually be really excited and go out and purchase it. I'm going to keep using it and see if I can tell a difference!

Product: Skone Cosmetics Luxe Doubler Eye/Lip Pencil in Wine - Full Size
Price: $12.00
Value: $12.00

Review: Other than their website being absolutely ridiculous (maybe they weren't prepared for the Ipsy traffic?) this is a nice LIP PENCIL. I say that extremely specifically because I tried to use this on my eyes today and I immediately covered it up with black. This is not a wine color, its pink. I'm dead serious. It comes out PINK. It's a pretty, deep pink, but pink nonetheless. I did an ombre lip with the lipstick sample I received in this bag: 


Product: noyah Natural Lipstick in Desert Rose
Price: $18.00 - Full Size is 4.5g
Value: $5.60 (Sample is 1.4g)

Review: I've had this before in a deep burgandy color and it was okay. I find this pink to be way more wearable. I layered it over the pencil to create an ombre effect on the lips, which I think was really cute! Unfortunately this is the only picture I got of it, but it gives you an idea. Sorry for the wacky lighting! This is a nice lipstick, but I find that it leaves your lips REALLY FAST, so touch ups are frequent, but it's pretty! I'm not sure it's $18.00 pretty but it's pretty.



Product: Doll 10 Beauty HydraGel Blush in Flirt
Price: Full Size is $16.00
Value: $16.00 (Sample is Full Size)

Review: I used this cream blush on the same day that I did the ombre lip. I really liked it! It was very pigmented but blended out well. I set it with a Laura Gellar blush and it lasted all day! Unfortunately, the lighting at work really washes me out and I snapped the one below at the end of the workday. I'm sorry I didn't make a point to take a better picture!! (Also, by then I had switched to Maybellines Matte lipstick in Daringly Nude). Trust me when I say my cheeks looked healthy all day. In all honestly blush doesn't stay on me usually, but this cream blush really made it last. I was so happy about it! I'll definitely keep an eye on this brand for sales, because $16.00 is just a tad too pricey for makeup. I also want to use it more to make sure that it doesn't cause any skin issues. So far, so good!



The big question: what was the value of the bag! This month it was actually a great value of $45.49. Especially when you consider that I only pay $10.75 a month to get new beauty products! That means that I got $34.74 in free product this month and I actually like most of the products! I still think that Ipsy is hands down one of the best beauty subscriptions out there and I recommend it all time! If you haven't signed up yet, I have great news! There is no waiting list if you sign up right now. If you are ready to dive in, will you use my referral link? I receive points that I can use toward product and I would so appreciate it!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)