Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kit Kat Anonymous

My name is Megan and I am slightly addicted to Kit Kat's.

It all started a few weeks ago. My pregnant sister, Kari, said that she had been craving Kit Kat's. I thought to myself, "Self, you haven't had a Kit Kat in AGES. You should get one someday." And apparently, someday was the next day. It was heaven.

So, Denise and I were hanging out and having some wine. And I say, "Ooh! We should get some chocolate!" Off we go to the local Save Mart. Guess what I bought? A bag of Kit Kat's!

Bryan and I go on our one-year anniversary, and when we get back, it's Halloween! We should get candy for the trick-or-treaters! I made sure to get a variety bag that had Kit Kat's! And then I made sure that every single handful that I put in the bowl for those treaters did NOT contain a Kit Kat.

And then I put the bag behind some items in the pantry...to keep them "safe".

Bryan and I have gone to the grocery store a few times and twice, I bought one of those HUGE bars of Kit Kat's. But I only have a few at a time. And Bryan always has a couple. I never feel too bad. Its a small snack and I eat less than the serving size on the back, so whatever.

Well, I work at a school. And this school has great food. But its designed for kids. Which equal LOTS of calories for them to burn off by running, throwing tantrums, learning to read and screaming on the playground. It also has a lot of calories because for some kids, what they eat at school is the only food they ingest.

Many of the employees will eat these calorie-filled meals, but I always try to curb mine, as I did yesterday. And to reward myself, I had a small snack size Kit Kat. Imagine my surprise when I am eating a Kit Kat today and I drool.

I DROOL.

Ugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)