Friday, October 17, 2014

Hanna's Wedding

A few weeks ago, I was in my friend Hanna's wedding! She got married to her long-time love, Seth and it was a great time! She, of course, looked stunning and everything went perfectly. I was honored to be chosen as one of the girls standing next to her. Here are a few quick photos I snapped in between bridesmaid duties: 





Her dress was a bit wrinkled from all the events that day, so Mandy, another bridesmaid, (who also happened to grow up in our neighborhood. My sisters and I were friends with her and her siblings. It was so neat to see each other again) steamed her dress to make sure everything looked perfect, 

I sat next to Mandy as we ate and, while the food was great, we got such little portions! Most of us hadn't eaten a real meal since the morning and we were like... this is not going to cut it. So Mandy, myself and another bridesmaid, Christina, all went through the line with the guests to get seconds. No shame here! When we were first served, we didn't get a salad, so all three of us got a nice big green salad and a little more veggies and chicken. Colleen's dad let us cut in line because we were so starved. A salad has never tasted so good. 

That would be my one tip to all brides, make sure to clearly communicate with your vendor to provide more than enough food for your party if they are being served. You, your now husband and your wedding party have all had an amazingly long day and you will be starved! Make sure you are adequately fed because the work does not stop after dinner! 


Colleen and I managed to get a quick photo together in the trailer that was parked for us!



These are some of the professional photos of us. If you need a photographer, check out Raquel Leal Photography! She was great to work with, so speedy and so sweet! Colleen did Hanna's hair and I can't remember who did Hanna's make-up. Shoot. I'll try to figure it out. My sister Kari did my hair and I did my own make-up. I loved my whole look! And, I was pretty proud of myself for making it happen. 



This is Hanna's niece, she was the sweetest thing ever. We watched over her in the trailer while her Mom did family photos with Hanna and Seth. I was making sure to keep the grapes rolling and she walked up to me and said... "Hey! .....I love you." Such a beauty.


Colleen had to leave early to be with Benjamin, so I made sure to snap a few photos of the first dance. It was pretty dark out by that time but this one managed to come out okay! 

It was such a beautiful, long day. As much as I loved it, I also kept reminding myself that I don't have any other weddings to be in until Denise gets married, and I am kind of glad about that. Whether it's yours or someone else's, it sure takes a lot out of you! Totally worth it though. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)