Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Honesty...

I've always tried to be extremely honest on my blog. It's important to me that it is a true reflection of my thoughts and life because this blog is more for me than for anyone else.
Writing about ones life and posting it on the world wide web can make a person pretty vulnerable. I know a lot of people read but don't comment regularly and that is okay. I'm kind of a blog voyeur too. I don't judge.
Many times, instead of commenting, I'll get an email that I respond to privately, which is good too. For the record, I'd love to meet you, so drop me a line! :)
Anyways, back to honesty. I believe in being honest, not only on the internet, but also in my daily life. I strive to live a life with no secrets because I lived for a very long time in a life that was full of them. Growing up and having to pretend everything was good when everything wasn't made me abhor the double life. It's not something I wish on anyone.
Now, I'm going to this new phase in my life where I'm going to have to make a lot of decisions. I plan to blog about it when I can, but I've been thinking a lot about what that is going to look like and what consequences will come of it.
Will it attract a lot of people that will encourage me and my right to make decisions? Will it attract people that will bash me and bring me down? Will it change anything at all?
It probably won't. Most of the people that read my little corner of the world are my immediate family and some friends, so it should be fine.
The bottom line is that I plan to be honest. I plan to write what is really going on in my pregnancy and how I'm really feeling about it. It would be naive of me to think that there aren't people trolling the internet just to comment on how someone chooses to raise their family or wear certain clothes or whatever. I see horrible comments on blogs all the time and I hurt for the authors of them.
Now that I am pregnant I feel initiated to a club that seems to be pretty brutal at times. I already get weird looks from people about wanting to have a home birth and kick it old school. So imagine what people will say when they can sit behind their computers with complete anonymity. Yikes.
It can't help but be on my mind...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)