Tuesday, August 23, 2011

If You Held Your Breath, I'm Sorry You Are Dead.

I have a love-hate relationship with my entryway. I love it because it allows me to enter my house. I hate it because it is long, narrow, and has no light, save for a ridiculous sunlight that gives a minimal light. It's a total waste. 

It also has a builders grade light - you can see it's weird round alien glow in the picture below. I just have to continually remind myself that slow and steady wins the race. Not everything can be tackled at once. I mean, it totally could, but when you are poor household renovations are few and far between. 

Oh, I know what you are thinking - this chick is crazy! She just went to the Azores. She's a baller. Well. I'll have you know that no, I am not a baller. I was lucky enough to get t-boned downtown in January of 2010 and the insurance settlement paid for it. 

I should have purchased a shirt that says "I got t-boned by a d-bag and all I got was this AWESOME TRIP TO THE AZORES."

That kind of sounds dirty. 

Which makes it even BETTER.

All that to say, is that I am po'. So, I did what any poor homeowner would do. I painted. 

Here is my crazy, cheesy friend Denise. She is my slave and I made her paint my entryway while I sipped a mojito and took pictures.




No, I'm totally joking. I cut in and she rolled the walls. I'm not THAT BAD of a friend. Gosh.

Then my sexy-pants husband did this:



Then, in preparation of my sister and her family coming to visit, Denise and my sister Kari helped me decorate... 

Before you scroll to see the pictures, I would like to advise you that there its kind of a mess. I like to keep things real. Then I cleaned up a little bit. So you get TWO before and afters. Super duper! 


So on this side, I'd like to get a little stool to sit right under the key hanger and then I'll get a little tray or low-sided basket to put shoes. I'm also going to put a little box on the top to make it look used and done.

This side is our catch all. Bryan's guitar, my purse, our fruit/veggie delivery baskets, the outdoor chairs that we use to sit out front, mail, etc. It gets a little crazy. 

Let's play a game. Can you find the missing drawer? Cause I freaking can't. Bryan lost it in the move. I have a plan for it, but for now, its ghetto-tabulous. 

Like I said, I cleaned up the entryway and took more pictures, but because this post has been sitting in draft mode waiting for me to post it, I'll just get this up. I'm pretty sure I promised it to you weeks ago....And I'm sure you sat at you computer this entire time waiting with bated breath. We've already established I'm lame. 

From what you can see, what do you think?

-Megan


Ps. I still love my floors.

Pss. That guitar is the bane of my existence.

Psss. That art was painted by Bryan's grandma Carol. I wish you could see it. Unfortunately I had to open up the door to get some natural light in there. Hate those windowless doors. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)