Monday, February 16, 2009

A Weekend Update

Today is the last day of my three day weekend, and I'm both happy and sad to go back to work. I'll be working a lot over the next couple of days, to make some extra money.

Right now, I'm watching Chuck and Denise is making me dinner. (Actually, I stopped blogging to eat it while it was hot.) So now, I'm fed and happy.

This weekend went really well. Michael and I got to spend some quality time together and it was definitely needed. On Friday, we went to The Cellar Door with Denise, Brian and his co-worker, Leigh. Then we went to Visalia Brewing Company where Denise, Michael and Leigh sang Karaoke. Denise and Leigh did it willingly, while Denise submitted Boston's "More Than a Feeling" for Michael to sing. It was pretty hilarious. Poor guy. That is a hard song to sing. But he was a good sport.

Saturday was Valentine's Day and it was a pretty perfect day. We were basically lazy all day, watching TV and hanging out. Michael left around three to run errands while I cleaned up and got ready. He came back and I opened the door, and there he stood looking completely cute all dressed up. He brought his Mom's china, candles and food. He downloaded some Kenny G, cooked me dinner, and it was amazing. It was really low-key and thoughtful. I'm a total hopeless romantic so that kind of stuff seriously makes me melt. (That makes me think of Darla in The Little Rascals.)

Anyways, after dinner, we went to Kari and Adam's. We hung out there and then decided to go watch "He's Just Not That Into You." Which was pretty good. It also put a pretty horrible depiction of women. I don't know many women actually do the things that one character did in that movie. It was pretty dramatic.

Sunday, Michael and I went to church and then ran errands. We went to dinner at Nashville Bar and Grill that evening. It wasn't exactly what I expected, but I think that with time they will get better and it'll be a good place to go.

Today Michael left and its always sad when that happens. But we have a lot of things to look forward to in the next coming months.

It's always nice to spend time with Michael. Long distance relationships can be really hard. I know I get really frustrated with having an internet/text only relationship. It doesn't seem to phase Michael very much, which probably just shows the difference between a girl and a guy.

Well, Heroes is on, better get going.

1 comments:

  1. "It doesn't seem to phase Michael very much, which probably just shows the difference between a girl and a guy."

    what?! ...What?! ... WHAT?!


    and thank you for a fabulous weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)