Monday, September 28, 2015

It's Time for Change

I'm not sure if you've noticed my absence last week, but I've been in a writing slump. I've been thinking a lot about the future of my blog and the direction I want to go in, plus what kind of schedule I want to keep.

I am not ready to stop writing - I don't think I ever will be, but I need this blog to become a better reflection of who I am. Right now, I'm noticing things about myself, my relationships and my life that I've haven't seen before. I guess growing up does that to you.

I've written two of my favorite posts (here and here) while in this phase but it wasn't without a lot of hours experiencing a weird sort of writers block. My blog has always been a way for me to process my thoughts and that hasn't changed - it's just increasingly hard to put what is happening in my soul into words.

So basically, it rolls down to this:

- I'm going to release myself from having any type of posting schedule. I'm not going to shoot for the Monday/Wednesday/Friday time frame. I'm going to write authentically and at will.

- I'm going to re-design the blog. I've had this same layout for a long time. I'm bored with it and I want something fresh. There may be days when the blog is down, although I hope to limit that.

- I'm going to go back to the drawing board on what I share here and how I share it. I feel like things are a bit all over the place, and I need to decide if that's how I want it to be or if I want to maybe simplify the content.

- I have some ideas for the Embrace the Crazy Facebook page, so I'm going to try to be more active there. Make sure you go like my page so you stay in the loop! I'll also post updates about where I am with this transition.

If you've been a long time reader, thank you. If you are new, welcome. I'm in a big transition phase with my family growing and big changes in my career coming up. I've been grappling with this creative block for weeks now and I realized just today that my blog needs to go through the same re-structuring as my life and my heart. It's fitting.

Thank you for sticking with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)