Thursday, June 9, 2011

So There I Was...

Ready and willing to put some posts together to show you and then my husband's appendix decided to claw it's way out from the inside. Therefore, an emergency surgery commenced and my poor slept-on-a-hospital-floor back refused to unkink.

Projects took the back burner while my main man healed. Things should be back to their regularly scheduled programming now that he's up and at 'em again.

Oh. you know what I love to see? A vulnerable man. Here are some gratuitious pictures of our time in the ER.

Bryan was drinking the iodine so that he could receive a CT scan to confirm that he needed surgery.


 Okay, so a little story about the above picture. We were confirmed for surgery and told that the doctor would either do it "really late at night or first thing in the morning." We transferred to the hospital and started the waiting game. Bryan's mom and dad left, and Bryan started a movie to pass time. I asked if the hospital had one of those reclining chairs, and was told that "We don't encourage the family to stay." I wanted to pop off and say, I'm not "family" I'm his WIFE. It's not like we have 30 people in here. Instead, I asked if I could get a blanket, because 1. I am smart. 2. You should ALWAYS be extra nice to your nurses. It makes all the difference in the world.

Anyways, The two chairs that were in the room were terrible, so I, sadly, made a space on the floor. I slept about three and a half hours before I was wide awake again. I walked around the hospital, spoke with some nurses, talked to my boss (who is always awake at an ridiculous hour) and played on my phone.

Finally, the nurse walks in and says it's time. This was about 5:45 in the morning. They prepped Bryan and took us back to the waiting area. That is where I snapped the picture of Bryan smiling like a goof-ball. The fact that he was wide awake, alert and smiling when I had slept on the floor (and my back was KILLING ME), for less than three hours, and now had to wait (alone*) for him to NOT DIE in surgery made me love him... and hate him. Because he is one of the happiest people I know.

So that picture up there makes we want to smile and club him all at the same time. Which is a spot on representation of how I feel about him most of the time. :)


*At the time that I took this picture, I thought I was going to be waiting alone. Luckily, my father-in-law saved me with coffee and a muffin. Then, after the surgery when we went back to the room, his Mom was there waiting for us. Love them so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)