Friday, June 1, 2012

Get Real: Accepting Life

This is the third post in an on-going series, Get Real. You can read the first one here and the second here. Stay tuned while I go through this journey of self-discovery. 
--

Wow. What a year 2012 has been. I didn't think life could get any busier. But you know, things are good.

Obviously, I still suck at updating the blog. Cleaning my house. Keeping up on laundry. Cooking dinner.

FYI, I attempted to make dinner twice this week. And I screwed up both times which resulted in no food.

Super. Wife points this week? -2.

I'm tired of trying to be what I think a wife should be. I'm just me. I'm 24. I still throw my clothes on the floor after a long day of work. I'd rather hang out with friends then scrub my floors. Whatever. Everything is acceptable. I have clean clothes to wear. I eat food. My house is clean enough. This is a season of my life where I can afford to let things slide. Before I know it I'll have kids, and they'll need to have home cooked meals, and the floors will need to be cleaned regularly cause they'll be crawling on them. I have plenty of time in my life to be a homemaker. My priorities will shift when that happens.

Right now, I just want to live. Do what I can. Have freedom. Not be so hard on myself.

So what if the garage is messy?

I mean, honestly, if I have to chose between hanging out with my husband on the few nights a week we actually get to see each other or organizing tools, Bryan will win out each time. Cause I kinda love him, ya know?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)