Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Various Life Musings

Monday night around 11:30pm my brain decided to revolt and I was forced to suffer in pain until about 5:30 yesterday morning. The migraine didn't return, but a pretty gnarly headache did around 11:30am, so I didn't make it to work.


Have I mentioned lately that migraines are the PITS?

Yesterday, while I was praying and asking God, "Why me?" I wondered if maybe having all these migraines would ensure that Shepherd never would. I choose not to think that it could quite possibly be the other way around. Nope. I won't even entertain the thought. 

--

We have things to do. By we, I mean my studly husband Bryan. There are 'projects' all over the house that need to get tended to and we both have zero motivation to get it done. That is a problem when you will soon have to welcome a child into the world and that child needs things... Like a room. 

I'm working on a few separate posts about some of the projects we I want to undertake and how I'd like to go about it. 

--

I have decided to order myself a plaque that says:

Best Wife Ever
Megan L. Vickers
2009-Present

Why? My husband has been a PS3 playing machine lately. I got him the console for Christmas and I've been generally agreeable about him getting to use it. 

HOWEVER, the time will come when I play my Queen (life is a chess game right?) and remind my hubby sweetly that all those hours logged on the PS3 need to be matched in Honey-Do's. That day is rapidly approaching.

--

I continually need to remind myself that Bryan and I don't have to have it all figured out. Or all of it done. Obviously, with a baby on the way, you want to have a nice home. 

In our case, I want to have a nice home because I plan to give birth in it. So, it might be nice if while I am laboring on the floor, I don't have to look at the piles of crap that have accumulated around my house. 

But, that is an easy fix. There are other more annoying things like kitchen updates, replacing some trim, installing flooring, replacing light fixtures/toilets/sinks that we can't get to now. I read blogs and get discouraged because they are actually accomplishing something in their homes. I have to constantly remind myself that many of those bloggers work at home. Their blogs are their jobs. If they don't do renovations or upgrades to their house, their business suffers. 

I also have to remind myself that we are twenty-somethings. Most of the people I know that have nice houses that are renovated/updated to their potential are older folks in the 50/60 age range. We have a lot of time to work it out. 

Patience is a virtue. I'm practicing. 

--

One of the best feelings in the world has to be Shepherd kicking around in there. I know there will come a time when he is kicking me in my ribs and it's gonna hurt like heck, but for now, it sure is nice to feel those movements. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)