Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It COULD Be Considered Decor....Maybe.

Ya know. Some people say that major appliances should be chosen carefully so that they go the distance, or have a good warranty. Some people say that a major appliance is just as important to decor as anything else. It helps make or break the room it's in.

Let me tell you. In 2008, when my best friend Denise and I moved in together, my mom and her husband, Larry, gifted me with a 30 year old refrigerator that we found on craigslist. It had a weird smell.

I've had it since then. We just sold it in a yard sale a week ago. We were able to do that because this guy showed up....


to deliver and install this baby!


It's not fancy shmancy-pants, but I absolutely love it! It is a Black Kenmore fridge with an ice maker.  It was originally listed for $1000, but was on clearance for $699. I made them give me an extra 5% and free delivery WITHOUT opening a Sears card. And it worked.

My husband was pretty blown away at my haggling and no-nonsense buying attitude, and I'm stoked that I have a new, energy efficient fridge! Woo-hoo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)